North East India - Discover the mystique
Tucked away in the misty mountains and charming Himalayan valleys, north ?east India is one of the most beautiful yet the least explored destination in India. The seven sister states along with the brother state of Sikkim are an alluring travel prospect. Breathtaking landscapes; luxuriant green forests; exotic flora & fauna; diverse cultures and colorful festivals of the north-east beckon the travelers for an out of the world experience.
Here are the beautiful destinations for a perfect tour to north-east India:
This scenic town lies in West Bengal, but holds a special place in north-east tour as a major gateway
to the north-east. Lush tea gardens
; exotic orchids; tall rhododendrons and the tiny toy train
chugging through the picturesque landscape; make Darjeeling a postcard holiday destination.
Major Attractions of Darjeeling
- Singalila National Park
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
- Tiger Hill
- Observatory Hill & Mahakal Temple
- Darjeeling Toy Train- A UNESCO World Heritage
- Japanese Peace Pagoda
- Bengal Natural History Museum
- Bamboo artifacts, curio, scroll paintings
Festivals of Darjeeling
- Teesta Rangeet Tourism Festival
- Dasain- Durga Puja
- Tendong Lho Rumfaat- Lepchas Tribe Festival
- Cham Dance- Tibetan Festival
This fairytale destination in the North-east, is home to the Kanchenjunga
; the third highest mountain peak
in the world.
Major Attractions of Sikkim
- Gurudongmar Lake & Tsomgo Lake
- Kanchenjunga/Kanchendzonga National Park- A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Do Drul Chorten- Stupa
- Yumthang Valley- Valley of flowers
- Pelling- Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabadantse ruins, Tikjuk view point.
- Nathula Pass- Ancient Silk route. Connects Sikkim to Tibet
- Rimbi waterfalls
- Rumtek Monastery
- River rafting, paragliding, trekking & Yak Safari
- Tendong Lho Rum Faat Festival- Lepcha tribe festival in August.
- Losoong Festival- New year celebration of Bhutia tribe in December.
- International Flower Festival
Meghalaya, translating to “the abode of clouds” in Sanskrit, is the land of dense rainforests, living root bridges, cascading waterfalls, downy clouds, deep blue natural pools, spotless villages and affable locals. Shillong, its vibrant capital, is often known as the Scotland of the East.
Major Attractions of Meghalaya
- Shillong- Ummiam Lake, Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Laitlum Canyons, Ward’s Lake, Don Bosco Museum, Lady Hydari Park, All Saints Cathedral.
- Mawlynnong Village- The cleanest village in Asia.
- Cheerapunji- Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Mawsmai Caves
- Jowai- Ialong Park
Festivals of Meghalaya
- Nongkrem Festival- Khasi festival of harvest, peace & prosperity.
- Behdeinkhlam Festival- Jaintia festival in July before sowing seeds.
- Wangala Festival- Garo festival of thanksgiving.
- Strawberry Festival
Elegant classical dance traditions
, exquisite art forms
and charming people are the hallmark of Manipur. Although home to various tribes, the Hindu Meiti
community makes the majority of its population. Its lively capital Imphal
is a beautiful city with picturesque landscape
and heritage buildings
Major Attractions of Manipur
- Ema Keithel (Mother’s Market)
- Loktak Lake
- Kangla Fort
- Sirohi National Park
- Manipur State Museum
- Sekta Archaeological Living Museum
- Manipur Zoological Gardens
- Khonghampat Orchidarium
- Matai Garden
Festivals of Manipur
- Sangai Festival- Celebrated in November & showcases the culture & traditions of Manipur.
- Cheiraoba ? Local New Year celebration in March-April.
- Yaoshang- Festival of colors celebrated in February- March.
- Heirku Hindongba- Boat race festival in September.
Assam, the land of the mighty Brahmaputra River, is an eclectic blend of nature; culture and heritage. The floating river island; emerald tea gardens; well preserved National Parks, beautiful temples, glorious ruins and exquisite craftsmanship echo the rich history, legacy and biodiversity of Assam.
Major Attractions of Assam
- Kaziranga National Park- A World Heritage Site by UNESCO for a one-horned rhino safari
- Tea gardens
- Kamakhya Temple- Dedicated to goddess Kamakhya.
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary- A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Majauli- The largest river island in the world.
- River cruise on the Brahmaputra
- River rafting, trekking, angling & parasailing.
- Straw & bamboo artifacts, wooden carved curios, silk fabric and Assam Tea.
Festivals in Assam
- Majauli Festival- Celebrating the rich biodiversity.
- Elephant festival, Kaziranga- To create awareness about the endangered Asiatic elephant.
- Magh Bihu- The harvest festival celebrated in January.
- Ambubachi Mela- Annual fair at Kamakhya Devi temple.
Unblemished dense forested mountains, serene lakes, unchartered natural passes, diverse cultures, rich wildlife and salubrious climate of Arunachal is an allure for offbeat travelers. Tawang Monastery,
the second largest in the world
, is a major pilgrimage & tourist attraction in Arunachal.
The last frontier of the erstwhile head hunting tribes
, Nagaland is the land of rugged hills & unchartered trails. Home to 16 ethnic tribes
, it is a fragrant potpourri of diverse cultures, traditions & dialects.
Renowned for the annual Hornbill festival
showcasing the beautiful elements of the tribal lives, Nagaland is the call of the wild east
to the unconventional traveler.
The clean green and serene state of Tripura, an erstwhile princely state
with a long line of succession, is a beautiful blend of tribal traditions
influenced by Bengali culture
. Glorious ruins, royal palaces
& magnificent temples
of Tripura are certainly a delight for the travelers to north-east India.
If you are looking for a quiet, relaxed holiday
; amidst spectacular morning mist & unique folklores; Mizoram is definitely your destination. This tiny state with very low population density is a treasure trove of miniature villages
perched on hill tops, serene lakes
and natural beauty
abounding in all its aspects.
Hot Selling Tour Packages
07 Nights - 08 Days
Delhi - Bagdogra - Darjeeling - Gangtok - Kalimpong - Bagdogra - Delhi
Grand East Himalayan
09 Nights - 10 Days
Bagdogara - Darjeeling - Gangtok - Kalimpong - Bagdogara
North East - Seven Sister
21 Nights - 22 Days
Routing - Guwahati - Tezpur - Bomdila - Tawang - Bhalukpong...
06 Nights - 07 Days
Guwahati - Kaziranga - Kohima - Touphema - Dimori Cove...
Majestic Assam, Arunachal and
15 Nights - 16 Days
Kolkatta - Guwahati - Dirang - Tawang - Bomdila - Itanagar - Ziro - Daporizo...